The WGVBS has delivered the following two products to the INTOSAI Community:
- Communicating and Promoting the Value and Benefits of SAIs: An INTOSAI Guideline
This guideline draws from INTOSAI’s Communication Policy, the recommendations of the June 2011 UN/INTOSAI Vienna Symposium, and the external communication practices of INTOSAI members. It focuses on key principles regarding (1) the use of instruments and tools for external communication and (2) approaches to fostering constructive interactions with citizens. This document is available here below.
- ISSAI 12: The Value and Benefits of Supreme Audit Institutions – making a difference to the lives of citizens
This ISSAI poinst out the value and benefits of SAIs and is constructed around the fundamental expectation of those institutions making a difference to the lives of citizens. The extent to which a SAI is able to make a difference to the lives of citizens depends on the SAI:
- Strengthening the accountability, transparency and integrity of government and public sector entities;
- Demonstrating ongoing relevance to citizens, Parliament and other stakeholders; and
- Being a model organisation through leading by example.